- Malware is malicious software that compromises the operation of a system by performing an unauthorised function or process.
- Always can create some protection from viruses and other malicious code by installing a desktop anti-virus program and ensuring that regular patches are made via the network to protect your PC.
- MYREN cannot protect you from :
- Providing your information over the phone
- Completing an unsecured web form (phishing)
- Accessing malicious websites that harvest information/keystrokes from your computer
- Responding to false emails (phishing / spam)
When a malicious email is reported and recognised, the MYREN CSIRT will take all possible steps to minimise the risk to campus. We cannot, however, guarantee total protection against such messages. It is your responsibility to be cautious and protect yourself from falling victim to such messages.