3rd Call for Proposals for the Asi@Connect Project – CLOSED
On behalf of the Asi@Connect project, TEIN*CC would like to release the 3rd Call for Proposals (CFP) to interested individuals or organizations who are willing to collaborate over TEIN networks and its peering networks.
Its detailed information could be found in attached CFP document and following website:
Contracts between TEIN*CC and awardees : 16 January – 30 April 2019
* Proposal submission and further inquiries : firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd Call for Proposals for the Asi@Connect Project – CLOSED
The Asi@Connect project, TEIN*CC has closed the submission for the 2nd Call for Proposals (CFP) to interested individuals or organizations who are willing to collaborate over the TEIN networks and its peering networks. Anyway, further information about Asi@Connect project can be found on www.tein.asia.
To prepare for the next call which would be tentatively in Q2 2018, below can be used as reference
- Guidelines, requirement and contents of the proposal can be downloaded here.
- Proposal template can be downloaded here.
- Budget Template can be download here.
Interested to join Asi@Connect Roadshow 2017? check the schedule here.
Results of Asi@Connect 1st CFPs
Our Asi@Connect Grant Recipients from the 1st Call are as below:
- Topic : OF@TEIN+ : Open/Federated Playgrounds for Future Networks
Grant Recipient : Assoc Prof Dr Ling Teck Chaw (University Malaya)\
Grant Amount : EUR 281,860
2. Topic : SecureAsi@ : Asi@Connect Security Training Workshop
Grant Recipient : Dr Selvakumar Manickam & Dr Shankar Karuppayah (Universiti Sains Malaysia)
Grant Amount : EUR38,420
Received funding from Asi@Connect with Malaysian university collaborators
- Extending Asian Soundscape Monitoring Network and Moving Towards Open Science Platform by University Malaysia Sarawak (Dr. Faisal Ali Anwarali Khan)
- Training Programs to establish a tech-culture fusion platform for the beneficiary countries by University Malaya (Assoc Prof Dr Faridah Noor)
Enabling better global cooperation
Asi@Connect marks the 4th phase of EU funding to the Trans-Eurasia Information Network (TEIN) programme which has successfully established a regional research and education connectivity network from scratch in 2004 and progressively expanded its geographical footprint over the years. During this new phase, greater emphasis is placed on delivering the project with increased involvement of additional partners within the Asia-Pacific R&E community.
Asi@Connect takes over the R&E backbone from TEIN4, the most recent phase in the TEIN initiative and continues to connect regional researchers with their counterparts in Europe via GÉANT, providing the Asia-Pacific countries with a gateway for global research collaboration. Asi@Connect receives €20 m in funding from the European Union up to 2021 and further funding from Asian partners.